SWIM: The swim course is a 1.2 mile 2-lap (Half Iron) and a .96k 1-lap (Olympic) counter clockwise loop course in Turkey Creek Lake. Swim start is a dry land running start. Wetsuits allowed.
BIKE: The 56 mile (Half Iron) and 25 mile (Olympic) bike courses are challenging 1 lap bike courses on VERY challenging paved fire roads within the park and country roads surrounding the park. Bring your climbing gears. These courses are awesome — you won't forget it!
RUN: The 13.1 mile (Half Iron) and 6.55 mile (Olympic) run courses are out & back on the infamous Lamp Black Run gravel and dirt fire road. The Half Iron is 2-laps and the Olympic is 1-lap. You love it or hate it by now!
7:30am Dual Time Trial Start within your age group. Two athletes starting every 5-10 seconds.
The official race finish is at 3:30pm. The cutoff for the swim is 1 hour and 15 minutes after the start of the last wave. Any participant still in the water at this time will be disqualified and will not be permitted to continue with the race. The cutoff for the bike finish is 12:30pm. The cutoff for lap #1 of the bike is 11:00am. Any participant still on the bike at this time will be disqualified and will not be permitted to continue with the race. The cutoff for the run is 3:30pm. The cutoff for lap #1 on the run is 2:00pm. Any participant still on the run course at this time will be disqualified and removed from the course. These cutoffs are in place for the athletes' safety and it is critical that any participant who is disqualified adhere to the official's call.
There will be medical staff on site at the swim, bike, and run finish. Feel free to visit the medical unit if you feel for any reasons that you need their help. You will not be penalized for receiving medical evaluation. You will be withdrawn from the race if you require transportation or IV fluids. If you have been put on medications different from your medical question on the entry form please let us know at registration. It is very important that our medical staff knows all medication you are currently taking.
Parking on Race Day
There is LIMITED PARKING AT SHAWNEE STATE PARK ON RACE DAY. All participants MUST park in the designated parking areas after entering the main entrance of the park and south of the staging area. Don't drive around the cones to park closer expecting to find optional parking. THERE IS NONE! Thank you for your cooperation in this matter. We park everyone in these lots so you can leave without driving in front of bikers on the course. If you come on Saturday to check in remember the American Triple-T participants will be racing from 7am to 11:30am and 3pm to 6:30pm.
The run aid stations will have ice, water, Infinit Nutrition, Boom Energy Gel, Coke, fruit and cookies at the transition exit, mile 1, mile two, and mile three. Participants will pass by each aid station twice on the way out and back. Half participants will pass by the aid stations four times. Participants will have just TWO aid stations on the bike at the bike turnaround (mile 27 & mile 47) with water and Infinit Nutrition, Boom Energy Gel, Coke, fruit and cookies and tables for your special needs bags.
- Sportsmanship will be imperative during this long hard weekend. You'll be racing side by side folks in formats many have not raced in. Be careful and be a good sport. Unsportsmanlike conduct will NOT be tolerated.
- HFP's medical team will have final say in allowing a participant to continue in a race if deemed necessary.
- Some of the roads will NOT be closed on the bike course. Ride like you do in any training ride and follow all traffic laws (stay to the far right, don't cut the tangents, etc...). Police and rangers will be at every intersection to give participants the right of way.
- All courses will be marked clearly with cones and signs. However, it is the responsibility of each participant to know the course.
- Please be aware that we are guests at this beautiful park and there will be a zero tolerance policy for littering. Don't even think about throwing your trash or empty bottles into the state forest. Not only will you be DQ'ed but you will get a $500.00 fine on top of that.
- Participants are expected to heed directions and instructions of all race officials and local authorities.
- Abusive treatment of volunteers or others are grounds for immediate disqualification and will results in participant being prevented from participating in future HFP events.
- If a participant MUST withdraw from a race, please notify race officials immediately.
- HFP Racing reserves the right to make rule/course changes at anytime.